Venue: King Edmund Chamber, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich. View directions
Contact: Committee Services
Apologies for absence/substitutions
Apologies of Absence were received from Councillors Barry Humphreys MBE and Councillor John Matthissen.
Councillor Keith Welham substituted for Councillor John Matthissen.
The Chair clarified that due to exceptional circumstances, Councillor John Matthissen was present as a Ward Member but not as a Member of the Committee as he had been appointed to the Development Control B Committee 2 days previously on Monday 21 May 2018 at the Annual Council Meeting.
To receive any declarations of pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest by Members
All Members of the Committee declared a non-pecuniary interest in application DC/18/01079 as the applicant was a fellow Councillor.
Councillor John Matthissen declared a non-pecuniary interest in application DC/17/04968 as he had a conservatory and windows installed by SEH Ltd (the applicant of said application).
Declarations of lobbying
All Members declared that they had been lobbied.
Declarations of personal site visits
It was resolved that the Minutes of the meeting held on 25 April were confirmed and signed as a true record subject to an amendment on minute 53.73 to read as follows:
“Members considered the representations from the Supporter, Applicant and Ward Member. It was noted that the objector from application DC/17/05507 was offered a further opportunity to speak as an objector but declined and left the meeting.”
To receive notification of petitions in accordance with the Council's Petition Scheme
Note: The Chairman may change the listed order of items to accommodate visiting Ward Members and members of the public
In accordance with the Council’s procedure for public speaking on planning applications a representation was made as detailed below:
Schedule of Applications
7.1 The items of business were taken in the order as follows as set out by the Chair at the beginning of the meeting:
7.2 Item 2
Proposal Hybrid Application: Outline Planning Application (Access to be considered) for the erection of up to 24 dwellings (including 8 affordables) including structural landscaping and details of dwellings for Plots 1-7
Site Location GREAT FINBOROUGH – Land at Pear Tree Place, High Road, Great Finborough, Suffolk
Applicant SEH (Development) Ltd
7.3 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal, the contents of the late papers and the Officer recommendation.
7.4 The Case Officer responded to Members questions on issues including: the electricity pylons and cables that extended over the site, whether any bus linkage proposals included, the current use of the land, that the land was classed as a visually important open space, and that there was a holding objection from Suffolk County Councils Floods team but that this could be secured by a condition.
7.5 Members considered the representations from the Parish Council, Applicant and Ward Member.
7.6 Members debated the application on the issues including: the comments from place services regarding the landscaping and planting on the site, the affordable housing provision on site.
7.7 Councillor Roy Barker proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the Officer Recommendation with the additional condition in respect of the Full part of consent that:
That notwithstanding the landscaping details submitted a landscaping scheme shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority prior to the commencement of development and thereafter implemented in full in accordance with the approved details.
7.8 Councillor Jessica Fleming seconded the motion.
7.9 By a unanimous vote
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Corporate Manager – Planning for Growth to secure:
· Affordable Housing
· Provision, management and maintenance of Public Open Space
(2) That the Corporate Manager – Planning for Growth be authorised to grant Outline Planning Permission and Full Planning Permission subject to conditions including:
· Standard Time Limit Condition
· Reserved Matters to be submitted and agreed
· Approved Plans
· Details of materials
· Sustainability efficiency measures
· Archaeological work and monitoring
· Surface water drainage scheme to agree and fully implemented as approved
· Sustainable Urban Drainage System
· Construction surface water management plan detailing surface water and storm water
· Details of fire hydrants to be submitted
· As recommend by Highways
· As recommended by Environmental Health
· The recommendations of the ecological report to be adhered to
· Details of screen walls and fences to be submitted
· Construction management plan
· Detailed hard/soft landscaping to be ... view the full minutes text for item 7.