Venue: Virtual Teams Video Meeting
Contact: Robert Carmichael - Email: email@example.com - 01449 724930
SUBSTITUTES AND APOLOGIES
Any Member attending as an approved substitute to report giving his/her name and the name of the Member being substituted.
To receive apologies for absence.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
Members to declare any interests as appropriate in respect of items to be considered at this meeting.
It was resolved that the Minutes of the meeting held on 21 April 2021 were confirmed as a true record. The Minutes would be signed at the next practicable opportunity.
TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF PETITIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COUNCIL'S PETITION SCHEME
In addition to any site inspections which the Committee may consider to be necessary, the Acting Chief Planning Officer will report on any other applications which require site inspections.
Councillor David Busby requested a site inspection be carried out for application DC/21/02073 - Land South East of Back Lane Copdock and Washbrook Suffolk.
It was resolved that Members undertake a site visit for Application: DC/21/02073 Land South East of Back Lane Copdock and Washbrook Suffolk.
An Addendum to Paper PL/20/18 will be circulated to Members prior to the commencement of the meeting summarising additional correspondence received since the publication of the agenda but before 12 noon on the working day before the meeting, together with any errata.
In accordance with the Council’s arrangements for Public Speaking at Planning Committee, representations were made as detailed below relating to the items in Paper PL/20/18 and the speakers responded to questions put to them as provided for under those arrangements.
The Chair announced before the start of the hearing on applications that the applications would be heard in the following order:
1. B - DC/21/00882
2. A – DC/21/01410
It was RESOLVED
That subject to the imposition of conditions or reasons for refusal (whether additional or otherwise) in accordance with delegated powers under Council Minute No. 48(a) (dated 19 October 2004) decisions on the items referred to in Paper PL/20/18 be made as follows:-
72.1 Item 6B
Proposal Planning Application – Change of use of the existing unuesed double garage into an office for use by staff servicing clients at the HMO/Homeless Unit. Construction of a rear extension, re-roofing, elevational and internal alterations to the HMO/Homeless Unit
Site Location SUDBURY- The Lees, Newton Road, Sudbury
Applicant Babergh District Council
72.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members including the access, the TPOs on the site, and the officer recommendation of approval as detailed in the Committee Report.
72.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: whether the size of the existing rooms would be reduced, whether the TPOs would be affected.
72.4 Councillor Sue Ayres proposed that application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation. Councillor Adrian Osborne seconded the motion.
72.5 An additional informative note on maintenance was requested and agreed to by the proposer and seconder which read as follows:
- That the applicant is strongly advised to ensure the boundary walls are retained in a safe and satisfactory manner and to also ensure that the garden is maintained in a visually satisfactory manner. The applicant is also reminded that the yew trees on the site frontage are TPO’d and should be cared for accordingly.
72.6 By a unanimous vote
72.7 It was RESOLVED: -
That the application is GRANTED planning permission and includes the following conditions: -
With the additional informative note of: The applicant is strongly advised to ensure the boundary walls are retained in a safe and satisfactory manner and to also ensure that the garden is maintained in a visually satisfactory manner. The applicant is also reminded that the yew trees on the site frontage are TPO’d and should be cared for accordingly.
73.1 Item 6A
Proposal Submission of details under reserved matters following outline approval DC/18/00636: Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and scale for Erection of 1 No dwelling formation of parking and turning area and improved vehicular access (following demolition of existing garage).
Site Location HADLEIGH- 5 Station Road, Hadleigh, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP7 5JF
Applicant Mr Simon and Mrs Tracey Farthing
73.1 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members including the proximity of the site to the conservation area, the drainage, the width of the access, and the officer recommendation of approval as detailed in the Committee Report.
73.2 Members considered representation from the Ward Member, Councillor Mick Fraser.
73.3 Councillor Melanie Barrett proposed approval as detailed in the officer recommendation. Councillor John Hinton seconded the motion.
73.4 Councillor Sue Ayres left the meeting at 10:19.
73.5 Members continued to debate the application on issues including: the roof heights.
73.6 By a unanimous vote
It was RESOLVED: -
That the application is GRANTED planning permission/other and includes the following conditions: -
- Development to commence within two years.
- Development to be carried out in accordance with the approved plans.
- Details of the manufacturer and types and colours of the external facing and roofing materials to be used in construction shall be submitted to and approved.
- No other part of the development shall be commenced until the existing vehicular access has been improved and completed in accordance with Drawing 032101B.
- The gradient of the vehicular access shall not be steeper than 1 in 20 for the first 5m, measured from the nearside edge of the adjacent metalled carriageway.
- The existing access onto the highway shall be properly surfaced with a bound material for a minimum distance of 5 metres from the edge of the metalled carriageway prior to first occupation.
- The areas to be provided for storage of Refuse/Recycling bins shall be provided in its entirety before the development is brought into use.
- The use shall not commence until the area(s) for the purposes of manoeuvring and parking of vehicles has been provided.
- A scheme of hard, soft and boundary treatment landscaping works for the site shall be submitted and approved.