Venue: King Edmund Chamber, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich. View directions
Apologies for absence/substitutions
Apologies of absence were received from Councillors Diana Kearsley and Anne Killet.
Councillor Derrick Haley substituted for Councillor Diana Kearsley.
Councillor Rachel Eburne substituted for Councillor Anne Killet.
To receive any declarations of pecuniary or non-pecuniary interest by Members
Councillor Lavinia Hadingham declared a non-pecuniary interest in application 1307/17 as she knew the applicant. Councillor Hadingham chose to not take part in the application.
Declarations of lobbying
Councillors Matthew Hicks and David Whybrow declared that they had been lobbied on application 1352/17.
Declarations of personal site visits
Councillors Rachel Eburne and Sarah Mansel declared personal site visits to application 1352/17.
It was resolved that the Minutes of the meeting from 11 April 2018 were confirmed and signed as a true record.
To receive notification of petitions in accordance with the Council's Petition Scheme
Note: The Chairman may change the listed order of items to accommodate visiting Ward Members and members of the public.
In accordance with the Council’s procedure for public speaking on planning applications a representation was made as detailed below:
Schedule of Applications
83.1 The items of business were taken in the order as follows as set out by the Chair at the beginning of the meeting:
83.2 Item 5
Proposal Outline Planning Application (Access to be considered) – Erection of 23 dwellings (including 8 affordable homes).
Site Location Land Adjacent , Greenacres, Old Newton, Suffolk
Applicant Mr &Mrs R Wrinch
83.3 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal and the Officer recommendation.
83.4 The Case Officer responded to Members questions on issues including: the use of the existing car park and the sustainable modes of transport in the area.
83.5 Members considered representations from the Parish Council, Agent and Ward Member.
83.6 Members debated the application on issues including: the proposed standard time limit within the recommendations, footway links, the parish councils representation, the possible impact on residential amenity, parking spaces on the proposal and the construction traffic management.
83.7 Councillor Derrick Haley proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the Officer Recommendation with the additional conditions that, 4 car parking spaces for visitors are secured, that there shall be no direct vehicular link between Greenacres and Mutton Meadows via this development.
83.8 Councillor David Whybrow seconded the proposal.
83.9 By a unanimous vote
(1) That subject to an acceptable drainage scheme being provided to the satisfaction of the Local Lead Flood Authority, that authority be delegated to the Corporate Manager - Growth and Sustainable Planning to grant planning permission, subject to the prior completion of a Section 106 or Undertaking on terms to their satisfaction to secure the following heads of terms:
- Secure 35% Affordable units including mix and tenure
- Provision of footway links
- Provision and management of Public Open Space
(2) and that such permission is subject to conditions including:
* Standard time limit
* Submission of reserved matters
* Approved plans
* Land contamination condition
* Landscaping scheme including tree protection measures
* Implementation of landscaping scheme
* Secure and implement sustainability and energy strategy
* Secure written scheme of investigation and implementation of programmed of archaeological work
* Submit and agree site investigation and post investigation assessment (archaeology)
* Secure provision of fire hydrants
* Implement Ecological Mitigation measures
* Concurrent with Reserved Matters to secure biodiversity method mitigation statement
* Lighting Design Scheme to be agreed and implemented
* Details of estate roads and footpaths
* Agree and implement construction of carriageways and footways
* Details of ... view the full minutes text for item 83.