Venue: King Edmund Chamber, Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich. View directions
Contact: Committee Services
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE/SUBSTITUTIONS
TO RECEIVE ANY DECLARATIONS OF PECUNIARY OR NON-PECUNIARY INTEREST BY MEMBERS
Councillor Rachel Eburne declared a local non-pecuniary interest in application DC/19/00647 as a close family member lived opposite the site and was objecting to the proposal. Councillor Eburne declared that she would not take part in the the application and would leave the room.
DECLARATIONS OF LOBBYING
Councillor Rowland Warboys declared that he had been lobbied on application DC/19/01558.
DECLARATIONS OF PERSONAL SITE VISITS
It was resolved that the minutes of the meeting from 24 July 2019 were confirmed and signed as a true record.
TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATION OF PETITIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE COUNCIL'S PETITION SCHEME
The Governance Officer reported that one petition had been received with 47 Valid signatures supporting the following statement:
“Consider the attached petition signed by 47 residents of Thornham Magna objecting to application number DC/19/01558 for the construction of a bridge to provide vehicular access to The Bungalow, The Street, Thornham Magna, Eye, Suffolk, IP23 8HB when deciding the outcome of this application.”
Note: The Chairman may change the listed order of items to accommodate visiting Ward Members and members of the public.
In accordance with the Council’s procedure for public speaking on planning applications a representation was made as detailed below:
33.1 Item A
Proposal Householder Planning Application- Construction of a bridge to provide vehicular access.
Site Location THORNHAM MAGNA- The Bungalow, The Street, Thornham Magna, Eye, Suffolk, IP23 8HB
Applicant Mr Jon Ainsley
33.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, and the officer recommendation of approval with conditions.
33.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: where the pedestrian and highway access was to the site, that there would only be 10m of trees and hedges removed for the access and the visibility splays, and that there were similar bridges along The Street.
33.4 Members considered the representation from Jennifer Vaundrey of Thornham Magna Parish Meeting.
33.5 The Case Officer clarified that in the submitted plans for the application it did not show that 90m of hedgerow would need to be cut back.
33.6 Members considered the representation from the Ward Member, Councillor Rowland Warboys.
33.7 The Ward Member responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the public rights of way.
33.8 The Area Planning Manager and Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including; that Heritage had been consulted but did not have any formal comments on the application.
33.9 Members debated the application on the issues including: that some of the trees being cut down were not worthy of tree preservation orders, and the response from the Floods Team and the Highway Authority.
33.10 Councillor Lavinia Hadingham proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation. Councillor Dave Muller seconded the motion.
33.11 By 2 votes to 5 with 1 abstention. The motion fell.
33.12 Councillor Matthew Hicks proposed from the Chair that the application be deferred for the reasons as follows:
· Defer in order to seek consultation responses from Heritage Team and Floods (SCC as Lead Local Flood Authority or Environmental Agency as necessary).
33.13 Councillor John Field seconded the motion.
33.14 By 4 votes to 3 with 1 abstention.
That the application was Deferred in order to seek consultation responses from Heritage Team and Floods (SCC as Lead Local Flood Authority or Environmental Agency as necessary).
34.1 Councillor Rachel Eburne left the room at 10:24 after the completion of DC/19/01558 but before the commencement of DC/19/00647.
34.1 Item B
Proposal Application Under Section 73 of the Town and Country Planning Act – Variation of Condition 2 (List of approved drawings), 14, 18, 19, 21, 22 (Prior to Occupation or other stage conditions) of permission 2112/16 allowed under appeal decision APP/W3520/W/18/3194926; to allow minor design amendments.
Site Location WOOLPIT- Land Off Green Road, Woolpit, IP30 9RG
Applicant Landex Limited
34.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, and the officer recommendation of approval.
34.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the type of bricks proposed within the design and that electric charging points would be installed in all the garages.
34.4 Members considered the representation from Leslie Short who spoke as the agent.
34.5 The Agent responded to Members’ questions on issues including: that the most significant changes to the applications were to the garages.
34.6 Councillor Lavinia Hadingham proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation. Councillor Dave Muller seconded the motion.
36.7 By a unanimous vote
That authority be delegated to the Chief Planning Officer – Sustainable Communities to Grant Planning Permission, subject to the following:
(1) Subject to a prior legal agreement on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Chief Planning Officer – Sustainable Communities to secure:
· On site delivery of 17 no. (35%) Affordable Housing;
· On site delivery of Public Open Space and transfer to a Management Company
· Financial contribution towards Primary Education
· Financial contribution towards Education Land Contribution
· Footpaths improvement contribution
(2) That the Chief Planning Officer – Sustainable Communities be authorised to Grant Planning Permission upon completion of the legal agreement subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Chief Planning Officer:
· Section 73 time limit (3yrs for implementation of scheme, following grant of planning permission by the Planning Inspectorate)
· Approved Plans (Plans submitted that form this application)
· Programme of Archaeological Works · Construction Management Plan
· Ecological Mitigation, in accordance with approved details
· Landscaping and aftercare
· Foul Drainage
· Surface Water Drainage
· Construction Surface Water Management Plan
· Highways – Estate Roads – Provision and Surfacing
· Highways – Off Site Highway Works
· Highways – Access and Visibility Splays
· Highways – Turning and Parking
· Highways – Provision of footway/cycle way to Steeles Close
· Highways – Refuse and Recycling Bins – Storage and presentation details
· Electric Car Charging Points
· Details of Street lighting
· Number and location of Fire Hydrants
· Superfast Broadband to be provided
· Residential Travel Pack to be provide to occupants
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary by the Chief Planning Officer:
·Pro active working statement
· SCC Highways notes
· Land Contamination Note
· Ecology Note
(4) That in the event of the legal agreement referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured that the ... view the full minutes text for item 34.
Note: Should a site inspection be required for any of the applications this will be decided at the meeting.
Would Members please retain the relevant papers for use at that meeting.
35.1 None requested.