Contact: Committee Services
WELCOME - LEGAL ADVISOR TO THE SUB-COMMITTEE
ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN FOR HEARING
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS BY COUNCILLORS
Report from the Licensing Officer attached.
Right of attendance, assistance and representation
Subject to regulations 14(2) - concerning exclusion of the public from all or part of a hearing where the Licensing Authority considers doing so to be in the greater public interest, and regulation 25 - concerning the exclusion of any person attending the hearing who is behaving in a disruptive manner:
· A party may attend the hearing and may be assisted or represented by any person, whether or not that person is legally qualified.
At the hearing a party shall be entitled to –
a) in response to a point upon which the authority has given notice to a party that it will want clarification under regulation 7(1)(d), give further information in support of their application, representation or notice (as applicable,
b) if given permission by the authority, question any other party; and
c) address the authority.
Failure of parties to attend hearing
(1) If a party has informed the Authority that he does not intend to attend or be represented at a hearing, the hearing may proceed in his absence.
(2) If a party who has not so indicated fails to attend or be represented at a hearing the authority may –
(a) where it considers it to be necessary in the public interest, adjourn the hearing to a specified date, or
(b) hold the hearing in the party’s absence.
(3) Where the Authority holds the hearing in the absence of the party, the Authority shall consider at the hearing the application, representations or notice made by that party.
(4) Where the Authority adjourns the hearing to a specified date it must forthwith notify the parties of the date, time and place to which the hearing has been adjourned.
Any points the Authority considers that it will want clarification on (if any):
If any party is withdrawing their application or representation then please contact us at LicensingTeam@baberghmidsuffolk.gov.uk without delay.
If any party is to rely on documentary/video or other material to support their representation or submission, please provide it as soon as possible in a legible/useable format (with any redactions having been made where appropriate). Late or on the day documentation/media production may not be admissible, in accordance with relevant regulations.
The Licensing Authority will also want reasonable clarification from Environmental Protection on noise readings, this can be provided to the authority in Map format.
The Licensing Authority will also want reasonable clarification from Suffolk Constabulary by providing CRIS and CAD reports appropriately redacted, as referenced in its representation and supporting information together with CCTV footage also referenced.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC (WHICH TERM INCLUDES THE PRESS)
Confidential representations to be heard in closed session.
RE-ADMITTANCE OF THE PUBLIC (WHICH TERM INCLUDES THE PRESS)