21.1 Item B
Proposal Reserved Matters Application – Appearance, Scale, Layout, and Landscaping in respect of Phase 1 – Erection of 87 No residential dwellings (30 affordable), pursuant to outline planning permission 5070/16.
Site Location THURSTON – Land on the North side of Norton Road, Thurston
Applicant Linden Homes
21.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, the additional conditions as advised by Suffolk County Council regarding Floods and Water, and the officer recommendation of approval with conditions.
21.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the current weight Thurston Neighbourhood Plan, the proposed shared surfaces, that the balancing pond was outside of red line plan of the application, and the response from Suffolk Police.
21.4 Members considered the representation from Victoria Waples of Thurston Parish Council.
21.5 The Parish Council representative responded to Members’ questions on issues including: that the proposal did conform to the Neighbourhood Plan.
21.6 Members considered the representation from Lydia Voyias who spoke as the Applicant.
21.7 The Applicant responded to Members’ questions on issues including: that some of the houses did not meet National Space Standards, that electric car charging points would be provided in the garages, the proposed render, and that further conversations would take place regarding children’s play equipment.
21.8 Members considered the written representation from the Ward Member, Councillor Harry Richardson, which was read out by the Chair.
21.9 Members debated the application on the issues including: the design of the proposal, and National Space Standards.
21.10 Councillor Lavinia Hadingham proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation. Councillor Dave Muller seconded the motion.
21.11 Members continued to debate the application on the issues including: the proposed shared surfaces, the ecological strategy, and the proposed public open spaces on the site.
21.12 By a unanimous vote.
(1) subject to the receipt of an appropriate unilateral undertaking from the applicant underpinning their offer to make a £65,000 contribution to SCC as local highway authority for the carrying out of footway improvements on Norton Road in the vicinity of the site, payable upon commencement of the development:
(2) Delegated authority be given by the Committee to the Acting Chief Planning Officer to approve the reserved matters (under outline application reference 5070/16) subject to planning conditions, drafted to the satisfaction of the Acting Chief Planning Officer, including:
[not comprehensive at this stage]
· Approved Plans and Details
· Detailed site-specific construction management details.
· Further details of materials to be submitted
· External glazing bars and window reveals
· Double chimneys on pairs of properties in the Crescent
· No grp canopies
· All boundary walls to be 1.8m [not 1.5m] Connecting walls between frontages within the crescent to be 2.2m and to incorporate hedgehog gaps
· Electric charging points in garages
· Ecological enhancement details
· As required by SCC, where necessary.
· Further elevational treatment to plots 63 and 76 [Crescent]
· Introduction of elevated flanks to plots 1 and 21
· Railings to be provided on front boundary of properties in the Crescent
· Plots with no garage an external electrical connection
- Conditions from SCC Flood and Water.