22.1 Item C
Proposal Outline Planning Application ( some matters reserved) – Erection of 52 No. dwellings and creation of new access road (re-submission of refused planning application DC/18/00465)
Site Location BADWELL ASH – Land off Hunston Road, Badwell Ash
Applicant Mr and Mrs Sutton
22.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, the contents of the tabled papers, and the officer recommendation of approval with conditions.
22.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the Affordable Housing provision, the current paths through the site and the Public Right of Way on the site, the connectivity of the site and the footpaths in the area.
22.4 Members considered the representation from James Tanner who spoke as the Agent.
22.5 The Agent responded to Members’ questions on issues including: that a footpath could be conditioned to provide access to the village.
22.6 Members considered the representation from Councillor Richard Meyer who spoke as the Ward Member.
22.7 The Ward Member responded to Members’ questions on issues including the bus services through the village, whether the footpath led to the bus stop.
22.8 Members debated the application on the issues including: the current status of Mid Suffolk’s Housing Land Supply, the access to the village, the visibility splay for the entrance, and the pathway being secured.
22.9 Councillor Dave Muller proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation with the additional condition to secure a footway connection through the site to meet the existing access to the village. Councillor Rachel Eburne seconded the motion.
22.10 By 5 votes to 1 with 1 abstention.
That authority be delegated to the Acting Chief Planning Officer - Growth & Sustainable Planning to Grant Outline Planning Permission:
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth to secure:
· Onsite delivery of 35% Affordable Housing
Affordable Rent = 14 6 x 1 bed 2 person flats @ 50sqm;
4 x 2 bed 4 person flats @ 70sqm
2 x 2 bed 4 person houses @ 79sqm
2 x 3 bed 6 person houses @ 102sqm Shared Ownership = 4
3 x 2 bed 4 person houses @ 79sqm
1 x 3 bed 5 person house @ 93 sqm
· Onsite Public Open Space including management of the space to be agreed and requirement for public access at all times
· A financial contribution towards Primary and Secondary School Transport costs to the nearest schools.
(2) That the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth be authorised to Grant Outline Planning Permission upon completion of the legal agreement subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Acting Chief Planning Officer:
· Standard time limit – Outline
· Reserved Matters Required (Including market housing mix)
· Approved Plans and Documents (Plans and Documents submitted that form this application)
· Timetable for implementation and retention of Landscaping
· Those required by SCC Local Highway Authority
· Energy efficiency measures to be secured and agreed, as indicated
· Those required by the Council’s Ecological Consultants
· Those required by MSDC Tree Officer
· Those required by SCC Local Lead Flood Authority
· Those required by the Environment Agency
· Those required by MSDC Waste Management
· Those required by MSDC Environmental Protection Officers during construction phase of development
· Phasing Condition (To allow phasing of the development and allows spreading of payments under CIL)
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary by the Acting Chief Planning Officer:
· Pro active working statement
· SCC Highways notes
· Support for sustainable development principles
· Land Contamination Note
· Protected Species Note
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured that the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured within 6 months that the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.
- To secure footway connection through the site to meet the existing access to the village.