105.1 A short comfort break was taken between 12:45-12:48 after the completion of DC/19/03924 but before the commencement of DC/19/02312.
105.2 Item C
Proposal Outline Planning Application (with all matters reserved except access)- Erection of 49 dwellings and associated operations, including: vehicular and pedestrian access, provision of school car park, open space, infrastructure and landscaping.
Site Location LAXFIELD – Land on the South side of Framlingham Road, Laxfield, Suffolk
Applicant New Hall Properties (Eastern) Ltd
105.3 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, and the officer recommendation of approval.
105.4 The Case Officer responded to Members questions on issues including: that the sustainability officer had chosen not to comment on this application, that a new crossing point would be put in, but that this would not be a formal pelican or zebra crossing, the planning balance associated with the application, and the provision of open space.
105.5 Members considered the representation from Sue Innes of Laxfield Parish Council who spoke against the application.
105.6 Members considered the representation from Ian Pettit who spoke as an Objector.
105.7 Members considered the representation from Councillor Julie Flatman who spoke as the Ward Member.
105.8 Members debated the application on the issues including: the proposed mix of housing on the site, the parking spaces provided to the school, the proposed crossing point, the proposed landscaping around the attenuation pool, and the Affordable Housing Provision.
105.9 Councillor Barry Humphreys MBE proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation with the additional conditions as detailed below:
- Main road crossing, details of crossing to be agreed
- Reserved matters layout to be in general accord with the indicative plan
- Electric charging for all dwellings (This is covered by Highways recommendation) and to seek details of charging provision for parking area.
- Sustainability measures to be agreed
105.10 Councillor James Caston seconded the motion.
105.11 Members continued to debate the application on the issues including: the location of the school crossing and the school parking provision.
105.12 By a unanimous vote
That the application is GRANTED planning permission:
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Chief Planning Officer to secure:
· Affordable Housing at 35% to all NDSS standard consisting of:
2 x 1b 2p bungalow
9 x 2b 4p house
3 x 3b 6p house
2 x 2b 4p house
1 x 3b 5p house
· Public Open Space inclusive of management company
· School Car Park and Additional Visitor / Drop Off Area to BMSDC standard construction detail SD01 specification consisting of no fewer than 34 no. parking spaces, delivered and transferred to the school for £1 prior to occupation of the first dwelling
(2) That the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to grant Planning Permission upon completion of the legal agreement subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Chief Planning Officer:
1. Reserved Matters Time limit (24 months)
2. Reserved Matters Details
3. Approved plans
4. Highways – visibility
5. Highways – details of access
6. Highways – footway link
7. Highways – surface water discharge
8. Highways – loading / unloading
9. Highways – refuse / recycling
10. Highways – HGV construction
11. Archaeology (Pre-Investigation)
12. Archaeology (Post-Investigation)
13. Lighting Design Scheme
14. Biodiversity enhancement
15. Ecological appraisal recommendations
16. Landscaping scheme
17. Landscaping management plan
18. Surface water management strategy (inclusive of Construction Surface Water Management Plan (CSWMP)
19. SUDs details
20. Fire hydrant provision details
21. Pedestrian Link to Mill Road
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary:
Section 38 of the Highways Act 1980 Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations or requirements referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured and/or not secured within 6 months that the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate ground