123.1 Item A
Proposal Outline Planning Application (Access to be considered) – Erection of up to 28 dwellings (including 9 affordable homes), provision of public open space, and construction of new access to Old Station Road
Site Location MENDLESHAM- Land off Old Station Road and Glebe Way, Mendlesham, Stowmarket, IP14 5RT
Applicant Messrs Lummis
123.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site and the officer recommendation of approval.
123.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the location of the Anglian Water facility, the relevant policies associated with the application, the location of the listed buildings nearby, that one of the developments nearby was an exception site, the flood risk on the site, the proposals relationship with the Neighbourhood Plan.
123.4 Members considered the representation from Terry Moore who spoke as an Objector.
123.5 The Objector responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the neighbourhood planning group and what a second access on the site would achieve.
123.6 Members considered the representation from Philip Cobbold who spoke as the Agent.
123.7 The Agent responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the distance of the nearest existing dwelling to the proposal, the possibility of a roundabout being introduced, and the viability of moving the Anglian Water facility.
123.8 Members considered the representation from Andrew Stringer who spoke as the Ward Member.
123.9 Members debated the application on the issues including: the flood risk associated with the proposal, the impact on the listed building, the Neighbourhood plan, the access to the site.
123.10 Councillor Barry Humphreys MBE proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation with the additions as follows:
- Confirmation of the 35% affordable housing as 9 dwellings on site.
- That a note be added that access via Glebe Way is to be considered at reserved matters stage.
123.11 Councillor James Caston seconded the proposal.
123.12 Members continued to debate the application on the issues including: the access to the proposal, and the relationship of the proposal to the Neighbourhood Plan.
123.13 By 6 votes to 1
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Chief Planning Officer to secure:
· Onside delivery of 35% Affordable housing (9 dwellings on site)
· A financial contribution towards School Transport
· Provision, management and maintenance of Public Open Space
(2) That the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to Grant Outline Planning Permission upon completion of the legal agreement subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Chief Planning Officer:
· List of approved plans and documents.
· Standard time limit – Outline.
· Submission of reserved matters.
· Surface Water Drainage and SUDs conditions, as recommended by LLFA.
· Those required by SCC-Local Highway Authority.
· Ecological measures to be secured, as per recommendations of SWT (Including Hedgehog Fencing).
· Hedgerow removal outside of bird breeding season (March to August inclusive).
· Sustainability and Renewable Energy measures to be agreed.
· Archaeological investigation and recording prior to commencement.
· Land Contamination investigation strategy and remediation required prior to commencement.
· Fire hydrant implementation prior to occupation.
· Construction Management Plan to be agreed prior to commencement and implemented during construction.
· CIL Phasing Plan.
· Anglian Water infrastructure to be incorporated within final layout.
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary:
• Pro active working statement
• SCC Highways notes
• Support for sustainable development principles
• Contaminated Land Note
• Ecology / Biodiversity Note
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations or requirements referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured and/or not secured within 6 months that the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.
That access via Glebe Way is to be considered at reserved matters stage.