A short comfort break was taken between 11:24 – 11:35 after the completion of DC/20/00330 but before the commencement of DC/19/04755.
Proposal Outline Planning Application (Access to be considered all other matters reserved) - Erection of up to 28no. dwellings (Plots 5, 6 and 7 of Reserved Matters Permission DC/19/02020 to be repositioned/amended)
Site Location COCKFIELD – Land to the rear of Plough and Fleece Inn, Great Green
Applicant The Sudbury Group Ltd
The case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, the contents of the tabled papers, and the officer recommendation of approval.
Members considered the representation from Robin Morley of Cockfield Parish Council.
Members considered the representation from Mark Webster who spoke as an Objector.
Members considered the representation from the agent, Dave King.
The agent responded to Members questions on issues including: the possibility of any self build properties on the site.
Members considered the representations from the Ward Members, Councillor Clive Arthey and Councillor Margaret Maybury.
The Ward Members responded to Members’ questions on issues including: viability of the development site.
Members debated the application on the issues including: the collaborative approach between the developers and the Parish Council, the cumulative effect of the recent planning approvals, and Community Infrastructure Levy payments.
Councillor Peter Beer proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation with the additional condition as detailed below:
- Condition that a tree survey is carried out and compliance with the findings of the tree survey.
Councillor Melanie Barrett seconded the motion.
That the application is GRANTED outline planning permission and includes the following conditions:-
• Reserved Matters Application
• Reserved Matters Application Time Limit
• Approved documents
• Landscape Plan Time Limit
• Archaeological Conditions
• Highways Conditions
• Ecology Conditions
• Levels to be agreed - existing and proposed site wide, including FFL of the dwellings • Construction Management Plan
• Fire hydrant provision details
• Sustainable efficiency measures
• Mix of dwelling as per the accommodation schedule on the Indicative Layout Plan
• Layout to reflect the Indicative Layout Plan
• No bonfires
• Working Hour Restriction
• Removal of PD for new openings above ground floor level to the dwellings on the eastern and southern boundaries of the site
• Swift boxes installation scheme to be agreed
• Hedgehog fencing scheme to be agreed
• Rainwater harvesting to be agreed
• Electric Car Charging Points
That authority be delegated to the Chief Planning Officer to Grant outline planning permission:
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Chief Planning Officer to secure:
• Affordable housing
This shall include
2 x 1bed 2p flats/bungalows @ 50sqm
6 x 2bed 2p houses @ 79sqm
1 x 3bed 5p house @ 93sqm
2 x 2bed 4p houses @ 79sqm
1 x 3bed 5p house @ 93sqm
• On site open space provision, transfer; management of the space to be agreed and requirement for public access at all times.
• Financial Contribution to SCC for widening of footpath
(2) That the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to grant outline Planning Permission upon completion of the legal agreement subject to conditions as summarised above and those as may be deemed necessary by the Chief Planning Officer.
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary:
• Pro-active working statement
• SCC Highways notes
• Support for sustainable development principles
• Anglian Water
• Land Contamination
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations or requirements referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured and/or not secured within 6 months that the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate ground
Additional Conditions applying to the North of site:
i) Tree survey
ii) Scheme to comply with survey’s recommendations (to LPA’s satisfaction).