141.1 Item 7A
Proposal: Outline Application – Erection of 20 dwellings and creation of vehicular access
Site Location: MENDLESHAM – Land north east of Chapel Road
Applicant: Mr & Mrs Bauly
141.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee, outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, and the officer recommendation of approval.
141.3 The Case Officer and the Area Planning Manager responded to Members’ questions on issues including: changes made to the application since the previous refusal, footpath link to the village, location of the floodplain, and the status of the emerging and adopted Mendlesham Neighbourhood Plans.
141.4 Members considered the representation from Michael Exley who spoke on behalf of the Parish Council.
141.5 Members considered the representation from Terry Moore who spoke as an Objector.
141.6 The Objector responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the footpath link and flooding.
141.7 Members considered the representation from David Barker who spoke as the Applicant.
141.8 The Applicant and his consultant responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the footpath link and confirmation that the site is outside the floodplain.
141.9 Members considered the representation from the Ward Member, Councillor Andrew Stringer.
141.10 The Ward Member responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the progress of the emerging Mendlesham Neighbourhood Plan.
141.11 Members debated the application on issues including: the footpath link, the floodplain, and the status of the adopted and the emerging Mendlesham Neighbourhood Plans.
141.12 Councillor Barry Humphreys proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation. Councillor James Caston seconded the Motion.
141.13 The vote was taken by roll call, and by 4 votes to 3 the Motion was carried.
141.14 It was RESOLVED:
(1) That subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Chief Planning Officer to secure:
- Provision, management and maintenance of Public Open Space; - 35% onsite delivery of Affordable housing provision; - Financial contribution towards secondary School Pupils’ transport.
(2) The Chief Planning Officer be authorised to Grant Outline Planning Permission upon completion of the legal agreement in Resolution (1) above, subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Chief Planning Officer:
- Standard - Outline Time Limit Condition and Time Limit for Submission of Reserved Matters
- Standard - Reserved Matters Condition
- Standard - Approved Plans and Documents Condition
- Those required by SCC – Archaeology as recommended
- Those required by the Local Lead Flood Authority as recommended
- Those required by the Local Highways Authority as recommended
- Sustainability measures to be implemented as proposed and agreed
- Reserved matters to detail Bin Presentation Points
- Reserved matters to propose road layout suitable for Refuse and Recycling collection Vehicles
- Those required by Environmental Protection Officers during construction
- Fire Hydrant provision details
- Ecology Mitigation and Enhancement Measures (Including Hedgehog Fencing)
- Lighting Scheme
- Withdrawal of PD Rights
- Phasing Plan Concurrently with Reserved Matters
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary:
• Pro active working statement
• SCC Highways notes
• Support for sustainable development principles
• Contaminated Land Note
• Ecology / Biodiversity Note
• Public Rights of Way Responsibilities Note
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations or requirements referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured and/or not secured within 6 months that the Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.