Note: The Chairman may change the listed order of items to accommodate visiting Ward Members and members of the public
In accordance with the Council’s procedure for public speaking on planning applications a representation was made as detailed below:
Schedule of Applications
Richard Peaty (Bacton Parish Council)
Joy Stodart (Applicant – on behalf of Suffolk County Council)
38.1 Item 1
Proposal Application for Outline Planning Permission (Access to be considered) Erection of up to 50 dwellings, construction of estate roads and car parking, provision of open space, including the provision of grass and 3G football pitches, landscaping, and construction of access to Wyverstone Road (following demolition of existing buildings)
Site Location BACTON- Former Bacton Community Middle School (In the parish of Wyverstone), Wyverstone Road, Bacton, Stowmarket, IP14 4LH
Applicant Suffolk County Council
38.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal, the tabled papers before Members and the Officer Recommendation of approval with conditions.
38.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the response from Suffolk County Council regarding developer contributions, the defined area of open space, and other developments and applications in the area.
38.4 The Area Planning Manager advised Members of an amendment to the Officer Recommendation on bullet point number 3 on the section 106 recommendation to replace “within the District” to “within Bacton Parish.”
38.5 Members considered the representations from Bacton Parish Council and the Applicant.
38.6 Members considered the representations from the Ward Members, Councillors Roy Barker and Jill Wilshaw.
38.7 The Case Officer and the Applicant clarified that the section portion of the site would have a joint use from the school and from public use.
38.8 The Area Planning Manager advised Members that if they were minded to approve the application that a condition guaranteeing some public use could be added to the recommendation.
38.9 Councillor John Matthissen proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the updated Officer Recommendation with the addition of:
· Scheme of recycling materials from demolition requirement to be added to construction management plan condition.
38.10 Councillor Barry Humphreys MBE seconded the motion and asked that an informative note be added to the proposal to highlight the need for high quality design and the following note has been written by the area Planning Manager to read as follows:
“The District Council wish to highlight, for any future reserved matters application, the need for a high quality design and layout to protect and respect historic interests as identified by consultees during the consideration of this application.”
The proposer agreed to this addition.
38.11 By a unanimous vote
That authority be delegated to Corporate Manager - Growth & Sustainable Planning to grant outline planning permission subject to the prior completion of a Section 106 or Undertaking on terms to their satisfaction to secure the following heads of terms
· Affordable Housing 20%
· Phasing of development including provision of pitch and parking
· Residue of affordable housing contribution (6%) safeguarded for affordable housing purposes unless spent on education purposes within the area of Bacton Parish within 5 years
and that such permission be subject to the conditions as set out below:
· Time Limit
· Reserved Matters
· Approved Plans
· Mitigation strategy for great crested newts
· Bat surveys concurrent with reserved matters
· Updated ecological surveys with reserved matters
· Ecological mitigation measures implemented in full
· Submission of European Protected Species Licence
· Pitch lighting operation times to be agreed
· Pitch surface details to be agreed
· Pitch lighting details to be agreed
· Hours of pitch use
· Pitch management and maintenance scheme to be agreed
· Archaeological investigation and recording
· Surface water drainage scheme details, implementation, maintenance and management
· Sustainable urban drainage scheme information provided
· Construction surface water management plan
· Lighting design scheme
· Landscape management and maintenance plan to be agreed
· Landscape and Planting Strategy to be agreed
· Fire hydrants
· Construction working hours
· Construction management plan to be agreed
· Sustainability and Energy Strategy
· Implementation of tree protection measures
· Provision of visibility splays
· Details of estate roads and footpaths
· Provision of carriageways and footways
· Means to prevent discharge of surface water from the development onto the highway
· Footway widening and improvement works
· Scheme of recycling materials from demolition requirement to construction management plan condition.
· The District Council wish to highlight, for any future reserved matters application, the need for a high-quality design and layout to protect and respect historic interests as identified by consultees during the consideration of this application.