69.1 Item 2
Proposal Outline planning application with access, landscaping ad layout to be considered for the erection of up to 56 dwellings (NOTE- reduced to 47 dwellings) with vehicular access from Finningham Road, Old Newton. Appearance and Scale to be the subject of a Reserved Matters application.
Site Location OLD NEWTON- Finningham Road, Old Newton.
Applicant Mr M Stearman on Behalf of the Stearn Family Trust
69.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal, the layout of the site, and the tabled papers that were before Members from Historic England regarding the Scheduled monument.
69.3 Members considered the representation from Jonathan Miller representing Old Newton with Dagworth.
69.4 The Parish Council representative responded to Members’ questions on issues including: whether Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) funds had been used to create a footpath. The Parish Council confirmed they had been unsuccessful in doing so due to land ownership issues.
69.5 Members considered the representation from Rob Hall, Objector.
69.6 Members considered the representation from Lionel Thurlow, Agent.
69.7 Members considered the representation from the Ward Member, Councillor Jill Wilshaw.
69.8 Members debated the application on the issues including: the parking layout of the proposal, the distance from the site to the school, the historical significance of the scheduled monument and that the Tree Officer did not object to the proposal.
69.9 Councillor Gerard Brewster proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the Officer Recommendation subject to the following amendments:
1. That subject to [a] an acceptable landscaping scheme and [b] a revised parking layout being provided to the satisfaction of the ACPO that authority be delegated to the ACPO upon completion of a satisfactory Section 106 legal agreement on the following terms:
· Affordable housing
And that subject to  that PP be granted subject to the conditions under 
Add Condition: Scheme of hydrology monitoring , management and mitigationTBA
69.10 Councillor Wendy Marchant seconded the motion.
69.11 By 5 votes to 2
(1) That subject to [a] an acceptable landscaping scheme and [b] a revised parking layout being provided to the satisfaction of the Landscape Architect, that authority be delegated to the Acting Chief Planning Officer upon completion of the legal agreement subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Corporate Manager:
(2) And that subject to  that Planning Permission be granted subject to the conditions under :
· 47 Units only
· Time limit
· Approved Plans
· Landscaping concurrent with reserved matters
· Garages to be used only for parking of vehicles/storage of household items · PD Removals for roof extensions and rooflights.
· Works to comply with ecological enhancements
· Development to be carried out in accordance with the submitted Flood Risk Assessment and balancing pond containment.
· Visibility splays and other Highways conditions.
· Water connection to the network
· Tree Protection
· Unexpected contamination
· Layout to exclude parking space at plot 25.
· Scheme of Hydrology monitoring, management and mitigation to be agreed.
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary by the Acting Chief Planning Officer:
·Pro active working statement
· Standard informatives
(4)That in the event of the landscaping scheme referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured within 6 months that the Acting Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.
(5) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured within 6 months that the Acting Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.