79.1 Item 4
Outline Planning Application (some matters reserved) – Erection of up to 28 dwellings (including 7 affordable homes) including access and layout
NEEDHAM MARKET- Land accessed from Luff Meadow, Needham Market, IP6 8DP
Mr Mel Walton of Foregain Ltd.
79.2 Councillor Humphreys referred to page 209 and that the Recommendation was to ‘Refuse’.
79.3 The Chair informed Members that this had been corrected in the published papers to ‘Approve’
79.4 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site and the Officer Recommendation was for approval for Outline Planning Permission.
79.5 The Planning Lawyer clarified that the papers marked ‘confidential’ in the consultee pages were now in the public domain.
79.6 The Planning Officer and the Area Planning Manager responded to Members’ questions including the impact of the flood zone on part of the development and the pathway linked to the High Street.
79.7 Members considered the representation from Mr Last, the Agent and Mel Walton, the Landlord.
79.8 In response to Members questions the Landlord responded that the development would commence at once if the planning permission was granted.
79.9 Members considered the representation from Councillor Wendy Marchant, Ward Member for Needham Market.
79.10 The Chair read an email from the second Ward Member Councillor Mike Norris, who had was unable to attend the meeting.
79.11 Members debated the application on the issues included flood water on part of the development, references to the Flood Risk, page 220 and the mitigation of flood risk. The Area Planning Manager advised the Committee that drainage was to be considered under reserved matters.
79.12 The Chair informed the Committee that a condition had to be included for the link to the High Street to be secure.
79.13 Councillor Barry Humphreys proposed that the approval of the application as detailed in the Officer Recommendation.
79.14 The Area Planning Manager ask the proposer to consider the inclusion of an additional conditions as follows:
That details of public pedestrian link including timetable for provision between the development and High Street shall be agreed in writing by the LPA prior to the first occupation of the development and carried out in accordance with the timetable as may be agreed.
79.15 Councillor Humphreys agreed to the inclusion of the condition in the recommendations.
79.16 Councillor Jane Storey seconded the motion.
79.17 Councillor Jessica Fleming commented that she supported the application however with reference to the ecological report she had concern for the bats and if appropriate street lighting for bats could be included as a condition.
79.18 Councillor Humphreys felt this was not appropriate for this application.
79.19 Members continue the debate including the matter of noise from the railway, specifically the dwellings adjacent to the railway. The Area Planning Manager advised the Committee that it was a design feature to be include in the reserved matters.
79.20 Councillor Humphreys agreed to include sound sanitation in the conditions and Councillor Story agreed.
79.21 By 7 to 1 vote.
That authority be delegated to the Acting Chief Planning Officer to grant outline planning permission subject to the prior completion of a Section 106 or Undertaking on terms to their satisfaction to secure the following heads of terms
· Affordable Housing at 25%
· Public Open Space (inclusive of Management Company)
and that such permission be subject to the conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Acting Chief Planning Officer:
· Standard time limit
· Reserved matters outline
· Approved plans
· Ecology mitigation
· Biodiversity enhancement
· Land contamination
· Highways – estate roads and footpaths
· Highways – binder course level
· Highways – loading and unloading
· Highways – refuse and recycling
· Highways – deliveries management plan
· Surface water drainage scheme
· Surface water drainage scheme implementation
· Surface water drainage scheme maintenance and management
· Sustainable urban drainage systems (SUDs)
· Construction surface water management plan (CSWMP)
· Watercourse retention
· Watercourse naturalisation
· Watercourse planting
· Foul water drainage
· Landscaping scheme
· Landscaping implementation
· Fire hydrant provision
· Withdrawal of PD rights
· Section 38 of the Highways Act 1980
· Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980
· Section 23 of the Land Drainage Act 1991
· Water Environment (Water Framework Directive) (England and Wales) Regulations 2003
· Internal Drainage Board catchment
· Section 50 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
· Details of public pedestrian link including timetable for provision between the development and High Street shall be agreed in writing by the LPA prior to the first occupation of the development and carried out in accordance with the timetable as may be agreed.
· Concurrent with the submission of reserved matters, details of sound mitigation measure to properties shall be submitted in writing and implemented as may be approved in writing by the LPA.