9.1 After the completion of application DC/18/04811 and the commencement of DC/18/05104 a short comfort break was taken between 15:45-15:55 during which time Councillor Lavinia Hadingham and Councillor Wendy Marchant left the meeting.
9.2 Item 1
Proposal Planning Application. Redevelopment for Class C3 Residential (94 Units) & Class A1 Retail Uses, incorporating demolition works and the construction of new buildings, with associated works and infrastructure.
Site Location NEEDHAM MARKET- Former Mid Suffolk District Council Offices & Associated Land, 131 High Street, Needham Market
Applicant Mid Suffolk District Council
9.3 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal, the layout of the site, and the Officer Recommendation of approval with conditions. The Acting Chief Planning Officer advised Members of an amendment to the recommendation of:
That Authority be delegated to the Acting Chief Planning Officer to grant Planning permission and that subject to Section 106 as (1) recommendation and that subject to (1) that such planning permission be subject to conditions as recommendation (2).
9.4 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the location of the car parking on the site and the consultee response that had been received by the Police, the sustainability measures on the site, that the horse pond was to be removed and the viability of the proposal.
9.5 Members considered the representation from the Agents on behalf of the Applicant, Peter Buist and James Lawson.
9.6 The Agents responded to Members’ questions on issues including: that the bottle bank was to be relocated to the station, and the design and layout of the site.
9.7 Members considered the representation from the Ward Member Councillor Mike Norris, who objected to the application.
9.8 Members debated the application on the issues including: the affordable housing provision across the site considering the previous application (DC/18/04811), the design of the proposal and the deliverability of the proposal.
9.9 Councillor Roy Barker Proposed that the application be Approved as detailed in the updated Officer Recommendation with the additional conditions of:
· Tree Protection
· Retail unit hours of use and delivery
· Retail use floorspace
· Floods conditions
· Sustainability Measures. Scheme of water, energy and resource efficiency through construction to occupation.
9.10 Councillor Jane Storey Seconded the motion.
9.11 By 12 votes to 1
That authority be delegated to the Acting Chief Planning Officer to grant Planning Permission subject to Section 106 as (1) recommendation and that subject to (1) that such planning permission be subject to conditions as recommendation (2)
(1) That, subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Acting Chief Planning Officer to secure:
· 10 Units of affordable housing
· Public rights of way through the site
· Securing of public open space
(2) subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary:
· Standard Time Limit Condition (Full)
· Drawing Numbers
· Materials TBA
· Archaeological Works
· Archaeological Site Investigation
· No further development until remediation measures are agreed if contamination is discovered;
· No drainage unless agreed;
· No piling unless agreed.
· Works to comply with Aboricultural Method Statement
· Removal only of trees shown to be removed
· Visibility Splays;
· Details/provision of roads;
· Details of discharge of surface water to the Highway;
· Refuse/recycling details;
· Construction Management Plan
· Travel packs
· Electrical charging points
· Biodiversity mitigation and enhancement measures.
· Contaminated Land Specialist to be consulted if unexpected contamination is discovered;
· Lighting scheme
· Flow restriction scheme
· PD removal (extensions and outbuildings)
· Garages/car ports to remain as such
· Fire hydrants
· Re-location of wall and bench.
· Management scheme for shared areas
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary:
· Section 38 of the Highways Act 1980
· Section 278 of the Highways Act 1980
· Natural England Standing Advice
· Fire hydrants/sprinklers