90.1 Item 2
Proposal Outline planning permission (Access included and all other matters reserved)- Development of up to 33 dwellings with associated works including vehicular and pedestrian access, public open space, infrastructure and landscaping
Site Location BADWELL ASH- Land North of the Broadway, The Broadway, Badwell Ash, Suffolk, IP31 3DR
Applicant Mr and Mrs Pratt
90.2 The Area Planning Manager presented the application on behalf of the Case Officer outlining the proposal, the layout of the site and the Officer Recommendation of Approval with conditions.
90.3 The Area Planning Manager responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the pedestrian access through the development and that this would be through a separate estate that was currently under construction, that archaeology conditions were contained within the Officer Recommendation, and the locations of the 30 MPH Zones on the roads adjoining the site.
90.4 Members considered the representation from James Platt, speaking as the Agent on behalf of the Applicant.
90.5 Members considered the representation from the Ward Member, Councillor Roy Barker.
90.6 The Ward Member responded to a question from the Committee on the schooling provision and the bus routes that went through Badwell Ash.
90.7 Councillor Derrick Haley Proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the Officer Recommendation. Councillor Barry Humphreys MBE Seconded the Motion with the addition of an informative note asking that the 30MPH speed limit along The Street. The Proposer agreed to the additional informative note.
90.8 Members debated the application on the issues including: that the ecological management of the site would be secured and the planting on the site.
90.9 By 8 votes to 0 with 1 Abstention.
That authority be delegated to Acting Chief Planning officer to grant Outline Planning Permission, subject to the following:
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Local Planning Authority to secure:
· Affordable housing
This shall include
- Rented = 9 dwellings
- Shared ownership = 3 dwellings
- Properties shall be built to current Housing Standards Technical requirements March 2015 and Nationally Described Space Standards.
- The council is granted 100% nomination rights to all the affordable units on initial lets and minimum of 75% on subsequent lets
- All affordable units to be transferred freehold to one of the Councils preferred Registered providers.
- Adequate parking provision is made for the affordable housing units including cycle storage for all units.
· On site open space and includes management of the space to be agreed and requirement for public access at all times.
(2) Conditions as below :
· Standard Outline time limit
· Reserved Matters to be submitted and agreed
· Approved Plans (Plans submitted that form this application)
· Conditions recommended by SCC Highways
· Surface Water drainage scheme to be agreed and implemented
· Sustainable Urban Drainage System
· Construction surface water management plan
· Archaeological work and monitoring
· Submission of and implementation of landscaping scheme
· Recommendations of Ecology Report to be implemented
· Landscape Management Plan to be submitted
(3) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured that the Acting Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.
The Committee ask that the Local Highway Authority look into the possibility of extending the 30MPH zone on The Street that runs adjacent to the site.