100.1 Item 2
Proposal Erection of 20 dwellings including 7 affordable homes (with appearance, landscaping layout and scale forming reserved matters)
Site Location BARHAM- Land between Norwich Road and Pesthouse Lane, Barham
Applicant Messrs K&P Moxon
100.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, and the officer recommendation of approval with conditions.
100.3 The Case Officer responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the responses from Claydon and Barham Parish Councils, and that the vehicular access would be part of the reserved matters application.
100.4 Members considered the representation from Philip Cobbold who spoke as the Agent on behalf of the Applicant.
100.5 Members considered the representation from Councillor John Whitehead, Ward Member.
100.6 Members debated the application on the issues including: the pedestrian access to the site, and the ecological conditions.
100.7 Councillor John Field proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation with the additional corrections from the Area Planning Manager:
Prior completion of a Section 106 or UU for
- Affordable Housing (7units) as recommendation in papers)
- Contribution towards Primary School (New Build provision)
(Other education, libraries and public transport elements removed as being CIL)
Conditions as per papers with understanding ecological enhancements refers to the conditions on p252 and p253 recommended by Place Services.
100.8 Councillor Sarah Mansel seconded the motion.
100.9 By a unanimous vote
(1) That authority be delegated to Acting Chief Planning Officer to grant outline planning permission subject to the prior completion of a Section 106 or Undertaking on terms to their satisfaction to secure the following heads of terms
· Affordable Housing:
· 4 x 1bed 2p flats @ 48sqm – Affordable Rental
· 1 x 2bed 4p houses @ 76sqm – Affordable Rental
· 1 x 2bed 4p houses @ 76sqm – Shared Ownership
· 1 x 3bed 5p house @ 85sqm – Shared Ownership
(2) and that such permission be subject to conditions as summarised below and those as may be deemed necessary by the Acting Chief Planning Officer:
· Standard time limit
· Approved Plans (Plans submitted that form this application) showing access
· Phasing Condition (To allow phasing of the development and allows spreading of payments under CIL)
· Flood Risk Assessment additional information
· Unexpected contamination
· Noise assessment
· Additional Planting
· Access gradient
· Road details
· Roads being built up
· Visibility splays.
· Fire hydrants
· Garages to be used only for parking of vehicles/storage of household items
· Works to comply with ecological enhancements
· Access through the site.
· RM to show planting and path to northern border with Sunnyside.
(3) And the following informative notes as summarised and those as may be deemed necessary by the Acting Chief Planning Officer:
· Proactive working with NPPF standard note
· Notes as recommended by SCC
(4) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured that the Corporate Manager – Planning for Growth be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.
(5) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured within 6 months that the Acting Chief Planning Officer be authorised to refuse the application on appropriate grounds.