99.1 Item 4
Proposal Outline Planning Application (Access to be considered) – Erection of up to 65no. dwellings including means of access into the site (not internal roads), parking, pedestrian / cycle bridge and associated highway works
Site Location HAUGHLEY- Land to the West of, Fishponds Way, Haughley, Stowmarket
Applicant Catesby Strategic Land Limited
99.2 The Case Officer presented the application to the Committee outlining the proposal before Members, the layout of the site, and the officer recommendation of approval with conditions.
99.3 The Case Officer responded to Members questions on issues including: the schooling provision identified within the report.
99.4 Members considered the representation from Ed Barrett, who spoke as the Applicant.
99.5 The Applicant responded to Members’ questions on issues including: the continuous pedestrian cycle link from Haughley to Stowmarket that was included within the proposal.
99.6 Members considered the representation from Councillor Rachel Eburne, Ward Member.
99.7 Members debated the application on the issues including: the schooling provision, the proposed number of dwellings on the site, and the response from the Parish Council.
99.8 Councillor Derrick Haley proposed that the application be approved as detailed in the officer recommendation with the additional condition as follows:
· That the reserved matters application is in general conformity with the indicative layout plan.
99.9 Councillor Lavinia Hadingham seconded the motion.
99.10 By a unanimous vote
(1) Subject to the prior agreement of a Section 106 Planning Obligation on appropriate terms to the satisfaction of the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth to secure:
· On-site delivery of 35% Affordable Housing (22 units)
· Provision, management and maintenance of Public Open Space and play equipment
· Highway Improvements
· Financial contribution towards School Transport (specific to this site)
(2) That the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth be authorised to grant Outline Planning Permission subject to conditions including:
· Approved Plans and Documents
· Standard Time Limit – Approval of Reserved Matters and Commencement
· Reserved Matters Application
· Landscaping Scheme and Aftercare
· Highways – Access Visibility Splays to be provided as approved
· Highways – Details of Estate Roads at RM stage
· Highways – Carriageways and footpaths constructed to Binder Course level prior to occupation
· Highways – Access Surfacing and Surface Water Drainage Details
· Highways – Turning and Parking details at RM stage
· Highways – HGV movements management plan during construction
· Highways – S78 Condition
· Flood Authority - Surface water drainage scheme
· Flood Authority - Sustainable Urban Drainage System
· Flood Authority - Construction Surface Water Management Plan
· Waste Services – Bin storage and collection points at RM stage
· Waste Services – Proposed Road Layout to be designed to enable access and manoeuvring of a 32 Tonne RCV
· Fire Hydrant details required at RM stage
· Contaminated Land – Strategy, Investigation, Findings Report, Remediation Work, Verification
· Archaeology - Targeted mitigation of archaeological remains prior to commencement of ground works, based on evaluation report results.
· Ecology – Construction Environmental Management Plan
· Ecology – Otter and Water Vole Survey
· Ecology – Landscape and Ecological Management Plan
· Ecology – Biodiversity Enhancement Strategy
· Ecology – Wildlife Sensitive Lighting Design Scheme
· Sustainability - Proposal to be carried out in accordance with the sustainability statement dated 11/12/2018
· Sustainability – Electric vehicle charging points to be provided for all new dwellings
· Environmental Protection – Hours of operation during construction
· Environmental Protection – No burning on-site during construction
· Environmental Protection – Details of security lighting required during construction
· Tree Protection Measures during construction · Withdrawal of Permitted Development Rights
(3) That in the event of the Planning obligations referred to in Resolution (1) above not being secured that the Acting Chief Planning Officer – Planning for Growth be authorised to refuse planning permission on appropriate grounds.
That the reserved matters application is in general conformity with the indicative layout plan.