Democratic Services Home
Babergh District Councillors
Mid Suffolk District Councillors
Find Your Councillor
Babergh District Council Calendar
Mid Suffolk District Council Calendar
Joint Meetings Calendar
Babergh District Council Constitution
Mid Suffolk District Council Constitution
Subscribe to updates
Register of interests
This register of interests was published on Wednesday, 31st May, 2023, 11.23 am.
More information about this councillor
Printer friendly view
I, Derek Davis a Member of the [Babergh] [Mid Suffolk] District Council, set out below under the appropriate headings my interests, which I am required to declare under the Localism Act 2011 and the Council's Code of Conduct. I have put "none" where I have no such interests under any heading.
DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTERESTS: Members are required to register not only their own interests under this heading but also those of their husband, wife, civil partner or of any persons with whom they are living as if husband and wife or as civil partners when such interests are known by them. In these cases the term 'relevant person' is used to mean the member and any such person.
1. Any employment, office, trade, profession or vocation carried on for profit or gain.
Regional Editor (Suffolk) - In particular for Shotley Peninsula Nub News, Hadleigh Nub News and Felixstowe Nub News.
2. Any payment or provision of any other financial benefit (other than for the Council) made or provided within the last 12 months in respect of expenses you have incurred in carrying out your duties as a member, or towards your election expenses. This includes any payment or financial benefit from a trade union within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992
3. Any beneficial interest in securities of a body where: 1. That body (to your knowledge) has a place of business or land in the areaor the Council; and 2. either a. the total number value of the securities exceeds £25,000 or one hundreth of the total issued share capital of that body; or b. if the share capital of that body is of more than one class, the shares of any one class in whcih the relevant person has a beneficial interest exceeds on hundredth of the total issue share capital of that class.
4. A contract for goods, services or works made between the relevant party and the Council (or a body in which the relevant person has a beneficial interest) under which goods or services are to be provided or works are to be executed, and whcih has not been fully discharged.
5. A beneficial interest in any land in the Council's area, including your place(s) of residence.
Home - 12 Old School House, Shotley, IP9 1QP
6. Any tenancy where to your knowledge the landlord is the Council and the tenant is a body in which a relevant person has a beneficial interest.
7. Any licence (alone or jointly with others) to occupy land in the area of the Council for a month or longer.
OTHER REGISTERABLE INTERESTS: Members are only obliged to register their own interests under this heading and do not need to include the interests of husbands/wives/civil partners or others.
8. (a) Any unpaid directorships
Joint Advisory Committee Suffolk Coast & Heaths
Shotley Parish Council
9. (b) Any body of which you are a member or in a position of general management and control.
Volunteer Shotley Open Spaces
Suffolk FA Referee
Former Chair/Trustee HMS Ganges Museum
Member of NUJ
Shareholder Shotley Pier (one share)
10. The name of any person from whom you have recieved a gift or hospitality with an estimated value of at least £50.00 (received within the last 28 days).
By clicking the submit button you are agreeing to the statements below
I acknowledge that it may be an offence under the Localism Act 2011 to: - (1) omit information that ought to be given in this notice; (2) provide information that is materially false or misleading; (3) Fail to give further notices in order to bring up to date information given in this notice after my re-election or reappointment or to fail to declare a disclosable pecuniary interest that I acquire after the date of this notice and have to declare under the provisions of s.31 (2) Localism Act 2011.
I also acknowledge that it may be a breach of the Code of Conduct to: - (1) omit information that ought to be given in this notice; (2) provide information that is materially false or misleading; (3) fail to provide written notification to the Council’s Monitoring Officer of any change in my interests contained in this notice within 28 days of my becoming aware of such change of circumstances.