The Gainsborough’s House Society was formed in 1958 to purchase the old residence of Thomas Gainsborough, an esteemed 18th century artist born in Sudbury, with the ambition of establishing the house as a centre dedicated to preserving and promoting Gainsborough’s work. In 1961, Gainsborough’s House Society officially opened the house to the public as a museum which has remained open since, operating as an independent charitable trust.
46 Gainsborough Street
Phone: 01787 372 958
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils is not responsible for the content of any external link